Site logo
Site logo
myExtraContent1
myExtraContent5
Church in Autumn
Our congregation was organized in 1944. Worship was held in family homes, with student pastors from San Francisco Theological Seminary. In 1950, the members purchased a section of the Hall family property, and built the first church building. By the mid 1980’s, the congregation was large enough to afford the construction of a new sanctuary. Church members participated in designing and building the new addition, joined by many community volunteers. Many of the furnishings, as well as the church bells, were provided as memorial gifts. The original worship space became our fellowship hall.
From 1965 until 2003, Point Reyes Community Presbyterian and the San Geronimo Valley Community Presbyterian Church shared pastoral and music personnel. In 2005, both churches welcomed new pastors, who have maintained the close relationship between congregations.
Over the years, the church has provided space and teachers for “Religious Release Time”, a weekly alternative to Sunday School coordinated with the school district, a church-sponsored Nursery School and a Montessori preschool. Most recently, we’ve hosted author events, seminars, and community conversations on sustainability, and become a convenient site for committee meetings and staff retreats of nearby non-profit groups.
myExtraContent7
myExtraContent8